Monday, January 22, 2024

It’s the Little Things We Can Make at Home - Today’s Ingredient: Cream Cheese

 I heard something on TikTok the other day and it stuck with me!

“The most fancy things are easy to make at home!”

And that is so true! We see a version of something, that costs more, and we are so excited to spend the extra money to buy it. When the truth is, we can buy the simplest things and make them better at home with minimal effort!

Win a $1000 PayPal Prepaid Card!

Cream cheese is our star today!

  • One pack of 2 8oz blocks of Philadelphia cream cheese is $4.98 in my area at Walmart.
  • One 8oz container of spread cream cheese is $3.98
  • 8 oz of Flavored spread cream cheese is also $3.98

So if I was to buy all I wanted at the store, I would spend $12.98. I want one regular spread, one flavored spread, and I need a two-pack for baking. BUT if you do it my way, I will only spend $9.96.

Because I am going to buy two two-packs of cream cheese and make the rest at home! Here’s the recipe to make cream cheese spread at home:

  • 8 oz cream cheese room temp
  • 2 Tbsp of milk (or heavy cream) I used one of each when I made mine.
  • Stand mixer with paddle attachment preferably

Simply add your cream cheese to the mixer and mix on low to medium speed for a few minutes to smooth it out! Then scrape down the sides and add cream. Mix again on low speed till incorporated in then turn on medium speed till you can start to see the cream cheese get fluffy.

Win a $1000 PayPal Prepaid Card!

This will give you perfectly spreadable cream cheese right out of the fridge! Personally, I loved the taste better with the extra cream in it!

To turn this into a flavored spread, just add what you desire! You can add chopped strawberries, flavored sauce, blueberries, sugars, spices, anything!

So for an extra couple cents of milk and two minutes of my time, I saved myself $3. No that is not going to make me rich and save me thousands, but it is a start!

Win a $1000 PayPal Prepaid Card!

Read this blog to see everything I make at home to save myself time and health! https://medium.com/@saleenasharp/things-you-should-make-at-home-instead-of-buying-d44211fc0069

For more insights on budget-friendly dinner ideas, easy dinner recipes, dessert recipes, meal plans, and the myriad of health benefits offered by natural foods, don’t forget to follow Homemaker Recipes. I’m here to help busy moms, health enthusiasts, and everyone in between discover the joys and benefits of home cooking! Home is where the best things are made!

Click here to discover the ultimate meal planning binder, featuring creative lunch ideas for kids and satisfying options for husbands — mealtime made easy!

Win a $1000 PayPal Prepaid Card!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don’t Throw Out The Blueberries! 20 Recipe Ideas We Can Use Those Leftover Blueberries in

  Look on my blog for my blueberry muffin recipe! It is to de for! We had our middle son’s birthday party over the weekend! It was a great t...