Friday, January 12, 2024

Things You Should Make at Home Instead of Buying From Household Goods to Food, These are Natural Switches I have Made in My Home to Save Time, Money, and Our Health

Our home is a homemade home. Because we simply believe home is where the best things are made! Memories, our family, love, food, and the things we use to take care of everyone/everything in it!

I was raised in a home where 80% of all our food was homemade. So naturally that is how I feed my family. Most of you are just now joining this journey because you are hearing how much cheaper homemade food is. You are hearing how easy it can be to make out of this world amazing food at home. And you are opening your ears and eyes to how terrible our FDA is for allowing the junk they do into our food.

My personal meal plan template in our home.

Click here to simplify your mealtime decisions with our meal planning binder — over 500 dinner options and lunch ideas for every family member all made at home!

I have always cooked at home but over the last year I have made a natural switch for not only our food, but our medicines and our cleaners! Let me share a list of the changes we have made that will hopefully help you have a better home too!

Food

  • Macaroni and cheese
  • Mashed potatoes
  • Tortillas
  • Coffee creamer
  • Salisbury steak
  • Meatloaf seasoning
  • Bread crumbs
  • Peanut butter
  • Cookie mixes
  • Cake mixes
  • Muffin mixes
  • Pretty much every single dessert we eat is homemade. The last store-bought treat we had was raspberry-stuffed chocolate-covered donuts.
  • Butter
  • Buttermilk
  • Ranch
  • Dog treats
  • Yogurt cups
  • Pudding cups
  • Popcorn chicken
  • Brown sugar
  • 98% of all our dinner foods are 100% homemade. I use canned vegetables from the store because we haven’t had time to do a garden over the past few years to do our own canned vegetables.

Click here to simplify your mealtime decisions with our meal planning binder — over 500 dinner options and lunch ideas for every family member all made at home!

Medicine and Creams:

  • Honey and spice blend: good for inflammation, sinuses, coughing, allergies, pain, fevers, and so much more, I don’t take any pills or liquid meds anymore. Even when I had “c@vid” I only took my honey and spice mixture and I felt 70% better in a few hours. Painted my boys’ rooms and everything that week I was home.
  • Acne Cream: I mix apple cider vinegar and water in a spray bottle and use cotton pads to rub it on my acne
  • Eczema cream: switched to neam oil
  • Black seed oil for any and every issue. It cures everything but death
  • Rhodiola oil for my skin, cortisol levels, and energy levels
  • I make my own dog lotion for small wounds and their pads
  • I mix beeswax in all wax melts because beeswax is purifying for the air
  • Quercetin for seasonal allergies
  • Dry Shampoo

Click here to simplify your mealtime decisions with our meal planning binder — over 500 dinner options and lunch ideas for every family member all made at home!

Household Cleaners and Etc.

  • Air freshener
  • I mix vinegar with my laundry detergent
  • Dryer sheets
  • Surface cleaner
  • Antibacterial cleaning wipes (to replace Clorox wipes)

There you have it! This is everything I make at home instead of buying! My list is building bigger and bigger and time goes on but at the moment this is where we are and we love it!

My ebook helping you detoxify your home

It truly is not that hard to make these changes in your own! Detoxifying your home can be overwhelming but once your foot is in the door, you will NOT want to go back to your own ways! I have a few sources that can help you if you want to take a look at them HERE.

I hope this helps! If you have any questions about how I make anything from the above lists, please leave me a comment! I love to help!

For more insights on budget-friendly dinner ideas, easy dinner recipes, meal plans, and the myriad of health benefits offered by natural foods, don’t forget to follow Homemaker Recipes. I’m here to help busy moms, health enthusiasts, and everyone in between discover the joys and benefits of home cooking! Home is where the best things are made!

Click here to simplify your mealtime decisions with our meal planning binder — over 500 dinner options and lunch ideas for every family member all made at home!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don’t Throw Out The Blueberries! 20 Recipe Ideas We Can Use Those Leftover Blueberries in

  Look on my blog for my blueberry muffin recipe! It is to de for! We had our middle son’s birthday party over the weekend! It was a great t...