Thursday, January 18, 2024

Homemade Coffee Creamer: The homemade food switch that I am most thankful for!

 

I have always been a coffee lover! The hubby, not so much. He was one of those men that it had to be freezing cold or he’s dead tired before he drank coffee. Versus me, who needs coffee to function in my day and to fall asleep at night! Buuuut he recently ditched his Mountain Dew addiction (thank GOD) and now he drinks coffee every morning with me. This all being said, I needed more creamer than before because we are those people who like more creamer than coffee LOL.

Click here to get over 500 easy family dinner ideas at your fingertips!

My body got to where I could only have one cup of coffee at a time because after one cup I felt bloated and slightly nauseous. I was so upset! So I was already starting down this natural rabbit hole with our foods so I thought why not try homemade creamer??

GUYS! It is the first natural switch I made in my rabbit hole and it is still my favorite!

I have always cooked from scratch. It is how I was raised, it is what I prefer, and it is just all-around healthier for you! However, I wanted to do more! I wanted to make as many of our ingredients and household staples as I possibly could! So to start, I did coffee creamer! It took me a minute to get it perfect for us both (I like more flavors than he does), but once I did, it is perfect! Before I ramble more, here is the recipe! Read on to see how it saves me time, money, and our health!

Click here to get over 500 easy family dinner ideas at your fingertips!

TIME!

It takes me about 5 minutes to make this recipe. Dump the ingredients into the small pot, constantly stir it while the mixture gets juuuust warm enough to combine and melt the sugars, then pour into my creamer container! You don’t want to walk away from this. All it needs to do it get warm enough to combine and then you take it off the heat. It will boil and be ruined. Anyways, it takes me 5 minutes to make this recipe. I make creamer usually about three times a week. That’s 15 minutes a week!

  • I’m not running to the store every couple days to get the creamer I forget.
  • I’m not buying extra bottles and letting them go bad before we drink them.
  • And I am not left with the possibility of waking up and ot having any creamer to make my honey his coffee before he heads off to work. I just get up, throw the stuff together, and the creamer is done before I even have his lunch packed!

MONEY!

We all love seeing how we are saving money! So lets break this down! First off, my creamer bottle it just a bottle I saved from the last creamer I bought and all I do is wash it every week! So kinda free lol.

The creamer we use to buy costs $3.77. So if I needed to buy that every week to last us I would spend $11.31 a week, that’s 45.24 a month!

To make my creamer, I don’t use evaporated milk anymore so that will not be included, costs me this:

  • Sweetened condensed milk $1.86
  • Splash of vanilla is $1.46 per bottle so like $0.04 a splash?
  • Milk is $5.86 a gallon, so about $0.15 to fill my bottle
  • Brown sugar I make myself $2.50 so about $0.10 per spoonful of brown sugar
  • Carmel sauce is $3.27 so about $0.10 per Tbsp of caramel
  • All of that adds up to about $2.25 each time, so $6.75 a week, that’s $27 a month!

I save us $18.24 a month by simply making our creamer at home!

Click here to get over 500 easy family dinner ideas at your fingertips!

HEALTH

Let’s talk health! The number 1 thing that is always stated first when asked this is THERE IS VEGETABLE OIL IN THE CREAMERS WE BUY! Why do we need vegetable oil in there?? The processed dairy, refined sugars, and other additives are bad enough. Olive oil is good for our bodies. Vegetable oil is NOT good for us! There is no need for it in our creamers.

When I switched to natural creamer my belly issues went away. I can drink two or three cups of coffee each sitting now and still feel great! Maybe ready for a nap but still great! The creamer I make still contains refined sugars and processed dairy products but those can easily be switched! The glory of this recipe is you can use whatever you want! Don’t like sugar? Use honey! Don’t like milk? Use almond milk! There are countless ways to switch this around to work for YOU!

So there you have it! Making my own coffee creamer at home is my favorite homemade switch to date! It saves me money, time, and our health! Follow me for more homemade recipes. natural switches, and family meal plans! Home is where the best things are made!

Thank you for reading! Want to see more of what I make at home? Read this blog!

Click here to get over 500 easy family dinner ideas at your fingertips!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don’t Throw Out The Blueberries! 20 Recipe Ideas We Can Use Those Leftover Blueberries in

  Look on my blog for my blueberry muffin recipe! It is to de for! We had our middle son’s birthday party over the weekend! It was a great t...